Who are Midland Mencap?
Midland Mencap is a charity which works and campaigns for accessible and inclusive services and a better quality of life for everyone with experience of learning disabilities and additional needs.
Volunteering with Midland Mencap is your opportunity to help us achieve our vision.
Purpose of the role?
Would you like to use your skills in administration and broaden your experience while making a difference? We are looking for enthusiastic and organised people to provide volunteer administration support in our friendly Midland Mencap teams.
What would I be doing?
• Undertaking general admin duties such as photocopying, scanning, filing, shredding, printing and post
• Dealing with enquiries via telephone, email and post
• Inputting data on various databases and case management software
• Typing letters and completing documents
• The role will vary, depending on the needs of Midland Mencap and may involve processing confidential information about our citizens
• There may be occasions where you have the opportunity to get involved in other areas, including attending events or other activities
What skills do I need?
• Good IT skills
• Being approachable and friendly
• Good communication skills
• Accepting of others who might be different to you and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
• A willingness to learn and work within guidelines set out by Midland Mencap
• Honesty, integrity and trustworthy
• Good time management skills, reliability
An enhanced DBS check will be required by all successful applicants.
When and where do you need me?
• We ask our volunteers to give around 3 hours per week (this can be flexible, to suit you), during normal office hours
• Based at our office in Woodgate Business Park, Birmingham
What’s in it for me?
As one of our valued volunteers, Midland Mencap will offer you:
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and their family carers
• An induction and settling in period
• Any training and development that is needed
• The chance to develop your skills and gain experience
• The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team
• Support within your role
• Any out-of-pocket travel expenses
• Lots of appreciation for your amazing contribution
What to do if you’re interested?
Email the completed application form to email@example.com.
For more information or an informal chat, call 0121 442 2944 and speak to someone about how volunteering could work for you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org