Who are Midland Mencap?
Midland Mencap is a charity which works and campaigns for accessible and inclusive services and a better quality of life for everyone with experience of learning disabilities and additional needs.
Volunteering with Midland Mencap is your opportunity to help us achieve our vision.
Purpose of the role?
Event Volunteers help to deliver a variety of different events with Midland Mencap, from planning and preparation to setting up and running activities on the day. It’s about offering something fun and memorable for citizens and their family carers.
What would I be doing?
• Helping to prepare for various events throughout the year – this might involve preparing craft activities, information and signage, displays and activities, moving tables and chairs, putting up gazebos and so on.
• Providing a warm, friendly welcome to all visitors at events, answering any questions and encouraging people to get involved in the events/activities.
• Assisting at large scale events such as the Sutton Challenge – this might involve manning the car park, directing participants, providing information, running stalls, assisting with activities and cash handling.
• Helping to clear up after events – this might involve clearing up after craft activities, taking down signage and displays, packing away tables, chairs, and other equipment, taking down gazebos, litter picking and so on.
What skills do I need?
• This role is suitable for anyone, no experience required
• Being approachable and friendly
• Good communication skills
• Accepting of others who might be different to you and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
• A willingness to learn and work within guidelines set out by Midland Mencap
• Honesty, integrity and trustworthy
• Good time management skills, reliability
When and where do you need me?
On an ad hoc basis throughout the year, according to the events programme – events usually take place during evenings, weekends and school holidays
What’s in it for me?
As one of our valued volunteers, Midland Mencap will offer you:
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and their family carers
• An induction and settling in period
• Any training and development that is needed
• The chance to develop your skills and gain experience
• The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team
• Support within your role
• Any out-of-pocket travel expenses
• Lots of appreciation for your amazing contribution
What to do if you’re interested?
Email the completed application form to email@example.com.
For more information or an informal chat, call 0121 442 2944 and speak to someone about how volunteering could work for you.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org