Who are Midland Mencap?
Midland Mencap is a charity which works and campaigns for accessible and inclusive services and a better quality of life for everyone with experience of learning disabilities and additional needs.
Volunteering with Midland Mencap is your opportunity to help us achieve our vision.
Purpose of the role?
To help create a happy atmosphere at our Monthly disco for people with a learning disability based in the Walsall area.
What would I be doing?
At our disco we really want everyone to feel welcome, included and to have a great time.
We need you to be a friendly face for our citizens, chatting and helping them to get involved and have a great time.
What skills do I need?
• A lively and friendly personality to ensure a happy atmosphere.
• Accepting of people who may be different to you.
• Happy to chat.
• Willing to learn and act within guidelines set out by Midland Mencap.
• Good time management skills, reliability
• An enhanced DBS check will be required by all successful applicants.
When and where do you need me?
One Thursday evening per month 7.15pm – 8.45pm
What’s in it for me?
As one of our valued volunteers, Midland Mencap will offer you:
• The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and their family carers.
• An induction and settling in period.
• Any training and development that is needed.
• The chance to develop your skills and gain experience.
• The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team.
• Support within your role.
• Any out-of-pocket travel expenses.
• Lots of appreciation for your amazing contribution.
• Positive wellbeing from doing something great.
• Improve career opportunities by adding your volunteer role to a CV
What to do if you’re interested?
Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or an informal chat, call 0121 442 2944 and speak to someone about how volunteering could work for you.