TERMS & CONDITIONS
By accessing and using the Midland Mencap – On the Go website and app (the “Site”), you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with these terms (the “Terms”). If you do not accept the Terms, do not use the Site.
Midland Mencap is fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and recognises the rights and obligations enforced by the act in the processing of personal data within the organisation. This protocol sets out what Midland Mencap does to meet the requirements of Data Protection legislation.
All products and services of Midland Mencap and its subsidiaries and affiliates are subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable agreements governing their use.
The Terms are to be read by you together with any terms, conditions or disclaimers provided in the pages of the Site. In the event of any conflict, the terms provided in the pages of the Site will govern.
The information, material and content provided in the pages of the Site (the “Information”) may be changed at any time without notice. Changes may be made to the Terms at any time without notice by updating this posting. You agree to review the Terms regularly and your continued access or use of the Site will mean that you agree to any changes.
Any unprotected E-Mail communication over the Internet is, as with communication via any other medium (e.g. mobile phones, post office mail), not confidential, subject to possible interception or loss, and is also subject to possible alteration.
No endorsement or approval of any third parties or their advice, opinions, information, products or services is expressed or implied by any Information.
Links from or to web sites outside the Site are meant for convenience only. Midland Mencap does not review, endorse, approve or control, and is not responsible for any sites linked from or to the Site, the content of those sites, the third parties named therein, or their products and services.
Linking to any other site is at your sole risk and Midland Mencap will not be responsible or liable for any damages in connection with linking. Links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only and Midland Mencap is not responsible or liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any downloaded software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, which accompanies or is provided with the software.
Payment for Products & Services
All Credit or Debit Cards will be processed in Sterling at the time of payment. Midland Mencap is not responsible for any fees, charges, exchange rates or additional charges levied by individual financial institutions or Credit Card companies.
Please provide at least 24 hours notice if you or your child cannot attend the session/activity.
You will still be charged for the sessions/activity if 24hrs notice is not given. (except for in agreed exceptional circumstances)
If Midland Mencap cancel or postpone a session we will endeavour to give at least 48hrsnotice and charges already made will be refunded.
Collection of Information
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfil your specific request i.e. booking a session/activity. This information is only used to fulfil your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner, for example to add you to one of our mailing lists.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Midland Mencap is fully committed to the main principles of the Data Protection Act (1998). When collecting and processing personal data, the following principles will be applied:
1. Personal data shall be processed fairly, lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless specific conditions are met. We will ensure that the collection and processing of information is not excessive and that it is appropriate to fulfil the operational needs of the organisation or to comply with any legal requirements
2. Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes. We will ensure that when information is collected, on forms or by other methods, specific advice is given as to the purpose(s) of gathering and using the information.
3. Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed. We will ensure the quality and accuracy of any information used, and that any information held is factually relevant to the area of work concerned
4. Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date. We will endeavour to ensure that any personal data is accurate and current and where discrepancies are found, the data will be amended.
5. Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes. We will ensure that any personal information is not held for longer than required and, by applying checks to determine the length of time information is held, make sure that personal data is destroyed in an appropriate manner once the retention period has expired.
6. Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under the Act. We will ensure that an effective process exists to allow data subjects to fully exercise their rights to request to see any of the information held about them within the authority and to ensure that any such request is responded to within the legal time scale of 40 calendar days.
7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to personal data. We will ensure that appropriate procedures are in place to safeguard personal information and ensure that access is restricted only to those council officers who require it.
8. Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Midland Mencap will ensure that personal information is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards. We will also ensure that
Our notification entry on the Public Register of Data Controllers is current and up to date.
Any partners or third parties who have access to or share our data follow our policies and procedures and are covered by either a data sharing agreement or outsourcing contract which allows them to lawfully act on our behalf as data processors.
A dedicated resource is provided to oversee data protection issues across the organisation.
All employees (including contractors) involved in the collection and processing of personal data are aware of their legal responsibilities to provide adequate protection of personal information and safeguard against unlawful disclosure.