Who are Midland Mencap?
Midland Mencap is a charity which works and campaigns for accessible and inclusive services and a better quality of life for everyone with experience of learning disabilities and additional needs.
Volunteering with Midland Mencap is your opportunity to help us achieve our vision.
Purpose of the role?
People with a disability tend to face huge barriers to participate in sport and physical activity – from inadequate facilities, to lack of opportunities.
We aspire to improve and increase the opportunities and experiences of those with learning disabilities in sport and physical activity, to benefit them physically, socially, and mentally.
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to help us deliver accessible football sessions in Moseley, Birmingham.
What would I be doing?
- Assist the delivery of football sessions in a fun, inclusive and engaging manner
- Ensuring the safety of participants, as well as yourself, during sessions
- Registering attendance of the participants
- Create positive relationships with citizens, families, carers, and colleagues
What do I need?
- Experience and an interest in football
- Being approachable and friendly
- Good communication skills
- Accepting of others who might be different to you and the ability to work as part of a diverse team
- A willingness to learn and work within guidelines set out by Midland Mencap
- Honesty, integrity and trustworthy
- Good time management skills, reliability
An enhanced DBS check will be required by all successful applicants.
When and where do you need me?
We deliver weekly football session on Tuesday evenings from 5pm – 6pm
Moseley School Fitness Centre, Springfield Rd, Birmingham,B13 9NP
What’s in it for me?
As one of our valued volunteers, Midland Mencap will offer you:
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of people with learning disabilities and their family carers
- An induction and settling in period
- Any training and development that is needed
- The chance to develop your skills and gain experience, particularly in disability sport
- The opportunity to meet new people and be part of a diverse team
- Support within your role
- Any out-of-pocket travel expenses
- Lots of appreciation for your amazing contribution
What to do if you’re interested?
Email the completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information or an informal chat, call 0121 442 2944 and speak to someone about how volunteering could work for you.