The application deadline is ongoing.
Director of Operations
Central Services Administrator & Receptionist (x3)
Birmingham (Head Office: Pinewood, Woodgate Valley)
Plus, additional sites across the West Midlands region.
37 hours per week.
Who We Look For
Are you dynamic, a good problem solver and have a ‘can do’ attitude?
Midland Mencap is looking to recruit an Office Manager.
Prior experience in an office management role is essential.
This is a busy and varied support role working in a high-performance office environment.
This role requires focus and the skill of coordinating different priorities.
You will be the go-to person across our facilities for general office enquiries and IT.
The Office Manager will be responsible for reporting and coordinating on:
IT issues, liaising with contractors regarding access and alarm systems, A/C maintenance, PAT testing, office furnishing and cleaning, coordinating building access, overseeing health and safety, updating office handbook, managing meeting room suites, organising team events and managing our front of house function.
The role involves working closely with front of house colleagues to provide excellent customer service.
The successful candidate will also be happy covering reception to provide continuity across lunch breaks and staff annual leave.
You will be able to support colleagues with ad-hoc tasks and general administration.
The right candidate for the role will be proactive, forward thinking, and confident managing multiple tasks.
We would like to hear from you if you are naturally helpful, outgoing, with good attention to detail and have excellent communication skills.
The post holder needs to be able to work and travel across several sites across the region that includes:
Walsall, Sutton Coldfield, Coventry, and Worcester.
However, you’ll be mainly based at our modern offices in Pinewood (South Birmingham).
What does this role involve?
Health & Safety
- Manage H&S requirements for offices and buildings across Midland Mencap, ensuring the safety of staff, visitors, and tenants at all times.
- Ensure the organisations health and safety policy and procedures are reviewed and updated as needed.
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements.
- Liaise with external consultants for annual inspections and seek their advice if needed throughout the year.
- Ensure all necessary risk assessments are in place, reviewed annually or as needed.
- Ensure building checks are undertaken and recorded for compliance.
- Liaise with external contractors to ensure mandatory legal checks and best practice servicing is undertaken.
- Liaise with relevant external bodies should any issues occur.
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager, ensuring all buildings are maintained to a high standard.
- Leases – Work with the Senior Management Team to ensure leases/licences are negotiated and renewed in a timely manner.
- Utilities – Manage portfolio of contracts across Midland Mencap locations.
- Cleaning – ensure all buildings are cleaned to a high standard and deep cleans undertaken as required.
- Security – liaise with external contractors ensuring appropriate security measures are in place for Midland Mencap buildings.
- Contract Equipment/Servicing – ensure contracts for equipment including franking machine, photocopiers, hygiene contracts/lifts etc are renewed, ensuring the appropriateness of equipment, service contract term, negotiating for the best possible terms.
- ESOS – work with external inspector(s) to ensure Midland Mencap is compliant with ESOS (phase 3 submission due by December 2023)
- Pinewood – Ensure the smooth running of the head office front of house.
- PML Maintenance – manage portfolio of facilities for PML.
IT and Telephony
- Manage contract and relationship with Midland Mencap’s external IT provider.
- Negotiate and manage purchases of replacement/new IT equipment working with the Senior Management Team to understand need.
- Oversee the resolution of IT issues raised, monitoring trends to ensure these can be addressed with IT provider.
- Ensure the monthly mobile phone account is allocated correctly.
What does this role involve?
- Ensure the organisations IT database is maintained.
- Liaise with the finance department, notifying them of new equipment and removal of old.
- Manage 2x front of house colleagues at Head Office.
- Manage 1x Central Services Administrator.
- To work flexibly and positively as part of the management team
- To work with insurance broker in relation to yearly renewal of insurance, and the reporting of any accidents and incidents as directed by Senior Management Team.
- Work with the finance team to acknowledge receipt of donations, legacies, and gifts.
- Provide support with organisational governance.
Please note the following information:
The post holder is expected to:
- Comply with statutory requirements and the organisations policies.
- The post is one of continual development and the post holder will be encouraged to develop skills and capabilities, including participation in projects and training events.
- At all times carry out duties with due regard to Midland Mencap’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
- In the course of these duties, you will encounter confidential or sensitive information and will work in manner that protects confidentiality and adheres to the principles of information governance.
- Perform other reasonable duties at the request of senior management.