Take on your personal best this year for your local learning disability charity
Choose a distance that suits you and finish your challenge in Europe’s biggest urban park
Aim for your personal best over time, distance or fundraise to help people in the West Midlands with a learning disability live in a world where everybody is valued and included as active and equal citizens in their community regardless of need
The route is suitable for all ages and fitness levels to run, jog or walk
The challenge is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs however it is very hilly so please carefully consider which distance you enter
If you have a disability, your supporter can run for free
Details of the day
When: October 2020 (Official date to be confirmed).
Where: Sutton Park, Birmingham.
Registration opens: 9am.
Race Start 5k/10k: 10:30am (1k fun run starts after the 10k has finished)
Adult registration fee 5km/10km: £10 or £20 if you would like a Team Midland Mencap T-shirt
1km route for just £5
You must be aged 14 or older to take part in the 10k
Children under 11 must be accompanied by an responsible adult.
Why join #TeamMidlandMencap?
Your entry includes:
Regular updates about the run
Baggage zone to store your belongings
Full route signage and marshalling
A photographer to capture all the fun
Cheering on race day
A medal to add to your collection
Want to start fundraising for the event?
If you would like to begin fundraising for the event please use our online fundraising page at Givepenny.
Here you will be able to set up an account and then get friends and family to donate to yourself.
Run Sutton Park FAQ's
• Where can I park?
At the Sutton Park Town Gate, Park Road, Sutton Coldfield B74 2YT
• When is registration?
8:30 am at the registration tent, where you will be given a run number, safety pins and a timing chip along with instructions
• When does the challenge start? Both the 5k and 10k challenge start at 10:30am and the 1k fun run will start after the 10k has finished. Make sure to listen to announcements on the day and make your way to the start line a few minutes before the beginning of the race.
• Where does the challenge start/finish?It starts and finishes by the visitors’ centre/ rangers hut at Town gate.
• How can I fundraise? You can set up your fundraising here https://givepenny.com/event/sutton-park-challenge
• Can I register and pay on the day? Yes, via card or cash payments. On the day registration will cost £12
• Where can I leave my bag? On the day you can leave any bags at the dedicated bag drop area, where your bag will be labelled corresponding to your race number, making it easy to reclaim after you’ve finished.
• What kind of footwear do I need? The race will be on concrete paths so wear road shoes/trainers.
• Will there be any toilet facilities? Yes, including an accessible toilet and a personal care suite at the Clifton road centre, phone 0121 442 2944 for details
• I have additional needs and I may require support, what shall I do? Contact us via Email: CommunityHub@midlandmencap.org.uk or Phone:0121 442 2944 and we can provide further information
• Is there a time limit to the race? There is no time limit, you can walk, run or jog at your own pace during the race
• Can I change my distance on the day? Yes, but you must talk to a volunteer at the registration tent to confirm
• I can no longer participate in the run, can I have a refund? No, you cannot receive a refund. However, you can transfer your entry to another person
• Can I take part with my dog?
Yes, well behaved dogs are allowed this year however they must be kept on a short lead at all times. Maximum of one dog per person.
• Can I take part with a pushchair?
Yes, pushchairs are welcome but please remember this is a very hilly course
• Can I take part with a guide runner/walker?
Yes, all guide runners/ carers/ supports can take part for free
• I have a disability is this challenge for me?
Absolutely, we want this run to be as inclusive as possible and therefore it will include: easy read documents, accessible toilets, free entry for guide runners, BSL sign language to English interpreter and walking, jogging and running options. If there is something in particular you need to enable you to take part- please let us know.